Designated Teacher - Mr. Connel Boyle- Headteacher - if you have any concerns about a pupil. Report in accordance with safeguarding and whistleblowing policy.
Designated Adult - Mrs R Keate - Learning Mentor - If you have any concerns about pupils, please share your concern in accordance with the safeguarding policy. Mrs Keate can offer advice to both parents and pupils.
Designated Teacher - Mrs J Stone - Assistant Head Teacher - if you have any concerns about a pupil. Report in accordance with the safeguarding and whistleblowing policy.
Safeguarding Governor - Mrs V Beamish - responsible for ensuring safeguarding practice in the school is effective and is a point of contact for whistleblowing any concerns about staff. Mrs Beamish can be contacted by email -vikki.Beamish@locking.n-somerset.sch.uk or by contacting the school office.
Locking School and the Governing Body fully recognises its responsibility under section 175 of the Education Act 2002 to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and to work together with other agencies to ensure adequate arrangements within our school to identify, assess, and support those children who are suffering harm.
Our policy applies to all staff, Governors and volunteers working in the school.
There are five main elements to our policy:
1. Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
2. Ensuring we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
3. Raising awareness of safeguarding issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
4. Developing and then implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse. Including Recording.
5. Procedures and safe storage of documents.
6. Supporting pupils who have been abused in accordance with his/her agreed child protection plan.
In line with our policy of having a safe environment we ask all adults working with children to lock their mobile phone in the lockers provided. No mobile phones can be taken into classrooms.
We require all visitors to our school to report to the main office, sign in and take an identification badge. They can use their own badge if they already work in North Somerset.
Volunteers are welcome into school to help and will be required to read and sign a risk assessment to protect themselves and to protect pupils through a clear understanding of our expectations.
Anyone working long term in school will have to have a prior DBS check.
If you have any concerns while working in our school, please approach one of our Safeguarding Leads.
Mr Connel Boyle - Headteacher and Designated Safeguarding Officer