Our school community aims to provide the best education possible by providing an exciting and broad curriculum in a caring, happy and supportive environment. Locking Primary School aims to promote high achievement and learning for life by working with pupils so:
Each child has the right to learn without disruption, to feel secure and happy and:
- Develop a respect for themselves and others within a safe and secure environment.
- Understand how to keep themselves safe in different situations.
- Have a robust policy on behaviour and bullying which is available for all to see.
- Ensure site security is a school priority.
- Maintain the building and equipment to a high and robust standard.
- Inform children about safety, including e-safety, the local police and fire service.
- Develop and grow in self-esteem in order to become resilient learners
- Develop an understanding of healthy lifestyles and nutrition.
We believe that all pupils deserve to experience and recognise success in their learning and:
- Achieve high standards of learning in all areas of school life.
- Develop a willing and positive attitude towards learning and behaviour.
- Experience equal opportunities and access to the National Curriculum and Early Learning Goals.
- Have access to a Personalised Learning Programme where different learning styles are catered for which may include sports, music and other extended opportunities.
- Reward children for achievement.
- Set individual targets for improvement with pupils and ensure pupils know what to do to improve.
We believe that children have the right to understand and influence their communities and:
- Develop a growing understanding and respect for differing cultural, religious, social and moral differences.
- Develop consistent high expectations of all with the school community.
- Give children the responsibility for their school environment.
- Have visits from close links with local organisations, businesses and agencies.
- Encourage an awareness of local, national and international communities; sustaining link with Sri Lanka.
- Allow children to have a say in important matters through school council.
Each child should be economically aware and:
- Understand how to make informed choices and act upon them.
We believe that children benefit when the school and parents/carers work closely together and:
- Welcome parent helpers in school, subject to compulsory police checks.
- Give children a reading log book for parents to sign regularly (KS1).
- Will communicate regularly through eschools VLE and website including newsletters and guides to learning to keep parents/families informed of school activities.
- Run workshops for parents on different aspects of learning and looking after children.
- Home school agreement signed and agreed by home and school.
We believe each pupil will succeed by experiencing equality of opportunity and quality in:
- Innovative, quality teaching provided by highly motivated, caring and committed staff.
- A broad balanced and challenging curriculum, which is differentiated to meet pupils needs.
- Opportunities to develop investigative and problem solving skills.
- A rich, varied and up to date range of learning resources.
- An ethos of support, challenge and encouragement which rewards pupils when they succeed.
- Learning partnerships between school, home and the community..=
Such experience will enable our pupils to work and think independently and also be part of and contribute towards group and teamwork. Life Long Learning is a skill we wish to promote and build upon.