Pupil Premium Funding 2017/18
Do you know your child could be entitled to free school meals,trips and many other things in school?
The government offer schools extra funding if you apply for this support which is called Pupil Premium. Schools will not get this unless parents apply!
This funding is used in schools to support the education in school as a result of this ALL pupils in the school benefit as the benefits could include higher adult to pupil ratio just to give one example.
This funding is directed at Pupil Premium pupils which allows schools to use their budgets fairly to support ALL learners.
Criteria for free school meals
Children attending our schools whose parents or carers receive any of these benefits are entitled to free meals and trips and much much more at school are:
- child tax credits provided your annual income as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs does not exceed £16,190. If you receive working tax credit you will not be entitled unless you’re in receipt of a four-week run-on
- guarantee element of state pension credit
- income support
- income-based jobseeker’s allowance
- income-related employment support allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999