Our Link with Sri Lanka
We have been linked with our school in Sri Lanka for over 7 years now. During that time staff from Locking have been to Sri Lanka and Sri Lankan staff have visited us. This has enabled children in both schools to learn about another culture and exchange projects with each other. Every time we have an exchange the pupils are involved in 3 projects. These are then shared with the Sri Lankan children.
Connecting classrooms equips students with a deeper understanding of:
- other countries and cultures
- their rights and responsibilities as global citizens
- the skills needed to work in a global economy and build a fairer, more sustainable world.
Teachers also benefit from:
- gaining understanding of other countries' education systems
- being better equipped to teach about global issues
- improving their own teaching skills.